English Case Studies
Market Data Integrator Features
Codestreet's Market Data Integrator is the industry standard for publishing market data to the Bloomberg Platform
Consolidating the desktop
- In the present market environment, cost-cutting is a priority of every market data professional. Market Data Integrator allows consolidation of applications on the desktop, so data that previously required an additional application can now be viewed within Bloomberg.
Using Bloomberg as a distribution platform
- Market Data Integrator enables sharing internal data such as research, pricing and positions across a desk or with customers. For example, research groups can publish real-time research directly to customers and sales desks and traders have a simple way to update offerings and pricing pages on Bloomberg.
Making your own data available via the Bloomberg API
- Using Market Data Integrator, users can make available their own internal data to be processed via the Bloomberg Server API and Excel Macros just as if the data originated from Bloomberg. With this capability, users can create applications and spreadsheets that source all their data off the Bloomberg API, both pricing data originating from Bloomberg and other internal data such as positions, P&L and analytics.
- With a Consolidated API, other delivery channels - which cost time and money to maintain - can be eliminated, freeing up valuable time for developers to focus on alpha generating projects.
Market Data Integrator supports the following data sources
- Excel Spreadsheets: Spreadsheets update in real-time and changes to any worksheets, cells or formulas will be instantly pushed to Bloomberg. Subscribers are updated simultaneously.
- Custom applications: Any custom application can publish data to Bloomberg, with positions, P&L data or any other data available right alongside data from Bloomberg.
- Third party and internal real-time data: Third party or internal real-time data can be rendered within the Bloomberg terminal while ensuring that all entitlement obligations are enforced.
- CSV or plain text file format: Data from flat files can be sent as record or page based data.
- Database: Data can be extracted from a relational database table and sent to the Bloomberg terminal.
Market Data Integrator is simple to set up and configure, with intelligent wizards helping to get you feeding data into the Bloomberg terminal within minutes.
A single instance of Market Data Integrator can support multiple Bloomberg terminals, allowing dramatic ongoing cost reductions without having a significant up-front cost.
Market Data Integrator is available on the following platforms:
- Windows XP-SP2 (or later) and Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (x86/x64)
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x86/x64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 (x86/x64)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9/10/11 (x86/x64)
- Solaris 8/9/10 (SPARC)
- Solaris 10/11 (x86)